Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Midway

Cecilia Bronsberg - Today was another day at the sites. We started digging more and the pit. Then after lunch I helped on the roof with Ethan and James. After we were done showering at the YWCA we were all in the car saying how much we wanted ice cream so when we stopped at the ice cream place we were ecstatic. We quickly realized that only a few of us had brought money, but it didn’t matter because Mr. Quin said it was on him. It hit the spot and we were all very thankful.

Solomon Spangler - I had a good day today. We played twenty questions while digging a very large pit for the septic tanks.  After we got to three feet in the pit, I pretty much spent the rest of my time moving dirt in a wheel barrel. I had to stay a little later with 4 other people.  We had a very interesting conversation trying to remember what the seven sins were. All in all it was a good game.

 James Spangler  - Peacocks are pretty sweet creatures, their long train (technical term for the plumage males have) explode in exquisite color while reflecting in the sun. Their unfortunately are no peacocks on my site, or any of them for that matter, but we do have chickens! And let me tell you, these chickens are fearless. They, on several occasions today, charged into our group during lunch to grab a peck of food, sometimes right from the grasps of our hard workers. The work today was slightly slower but things are getting done. I got to go up on the roof today to do work and monkey around, it was a grand time. Even though there were only a few things to do up there they ended up taking most of the day to accomplish. The tiles inside are starting to be laid down, the pit outside (the fourth one now) is taking good shape. Although the rain washed off a good hours worth of work we all had a blast splashing around and playing in it back at the church. All in all it was a good day, and hopefully the streak will be able to continue. 

JT Mrozek - Today was a good day! But I will tell you one thing special! the food here is amazing! that might be that awesome cook we have though! hmm I don't know. Well anyways my group got a lot done today and I believe that we had a lot of fun at the same time! Laundry day is tomorrow and I cant wait for James's stinky socks to be more than 3 feet from my sleep cot and that they will be cleaned! I mean I am happy I get to clean my cloths but I don't believe that mine are the most stinky in our room. But anyways we put up more walls and almost have them finished! Cant wait till tomorrow! lets finish them up!!!!


Crystal Schupbach - Today was probably my favorite day so far. This was because I felt throughout the day I learned a lot and had a great day at the work site. I spoke to the owner of the house and she was a very nice lady who was very caring about our well being on the site. We learned that her great niece and nephew, tori and dominique, were hard working kids and they came out to hang out with us all day and kept us company while even helping too. Toward the end of our work day they came up and gave everyone a hug and we could tell they really enjoyed helping and we enjoyed having them there as well. Later on during spiritual life I really enjoyed the discussion questions we had. PJ spoke of a Pastor who is very popular yet teaches questionable doctrine which I thought was peculiar since so many people follow him. This pastor spoke of how we can help ourselves by fulfilling our own potential which is not at all what we should do. We should know that we by ourselves can not do anything and we must trust in God as our complete Savior. At the end of the day I felt very light hearted and enlightened

Trish Mrozek
I finally was able to get a few things for my Secret Servant person.  I bought a few things to divide up over the next few days, I spent way too much as I went ahead and bought a little something for everyone at our job site along with special goodies for the Team Tyler team we had going. Today we kinda got split up a bit, but that's okay.  I was the only one not working with Team Tyler today as they were all in the pit, my back was not going to let me work that portion today.  My back issue got a little worse today so I had to find work that wouldn't throw it out and take it easy a little bit so I can continue to work while I'm here.  I don't want to be sitting out of the work, I want to be helping.  We did get plenty done today.  Most of the septic hole is dug and only one section of dirt needs to be leveled where we were working today.  We will then be up to the two sections that we need to section off to connect the drainage area and then the drainage areas to the septic tanks themselves.  

Ms. James, the owner of the site we are working on is so sweet.  She made brownies for us yesterday and has bottle water ready for us, which has come in handy since we have run out of water every single day by 2pm.  She watches her niece and nephew who are around the ages of 11 and 8.  Both Tori (the girl, 11) and Dom (the boy, 8) were out there with us today helping us dig and they want to come and help some more tomorrow.  It is so nice to see the kids and them being willing to help when they don't have to.  Poor Tori only wore flip flops today so while she hugged me goodbye she said she would bring her tennis shoes tomorrow so she can work better.  I think Dom will help shovel but he will be on guard for the bugs out there. The two of them also seem to have a mission to attack Pastor Judd.  The kids really seem to like him and Pastor is such a great sport with those two, it's fun to see him horsing around with both of them.
  
Today we had interrupted section of work at about 2:00.  The forecast had said that we would have a 50% chance of rain by noon and higher after that.  The Lord blessed our work as we did not receive any rain until after 2:00.  We probably would have continued to work but it was lightening out and we had to get out of the danger and wait to see if the storm would pass. We also may have completed more work if the 4 kids that jumped into my van didn't fall asleep during that 20 minutes lightening break...haha!!  If it was only raining we would have pushed through and continued to work.  We did get a little relief from some light rain yesterday and today while we were working.  It has been very hot, sunny, and muggy so the little bit of rain we got was refreshing while we worked. 

So....we played this Trash can game last night.  For the sake of not having a hugungo circle, two teams were set up; you hold hands in a circle around a garbage can, then you move the circle around to get people to touch the garbage can.  If you touch it, your out.  If someone lets go to avoid touching it, you and the person you let go of is out.  I decided to play it, Nikki said I would love it, it was fun, so I said "what the heck, I'm up for a fun game".  JT was on the one team, I was on the other.  Now I don't know how JT finished his his fist round, but I was one of four left and Dennis let go of my hand to avoid the can, so we were both out.  So both teams decided to do a second round.  Second game was kinda interesting.  Turns out JT was one left and I was one left on my team.  Poor JT just about got thrown in the trash can, they went at it for a while and this kid was pretty big against JT, couldn't believe he held this guy off for so long.  Me and my opponent kept taking breaks to catch our breath and we paused so I could watch JT.  When we resumed I had good momentum but Matt had enough on me (and the grass was wet) that I slid and landed on my rear and our hands came unclasped from the sweat.  We decided to call it a draw. Matt and I both said that we weren't looking to win, it's just that neither of us was going down without a fight.  LOL.

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with the game or work, but for the first time since I have been here I was able to sleep through the entire night (But I am still taking the Melatonin every night).  I'm hoping to do the same tonight as I'm exhausted tonight already but have a few things I have to get finished up before I hit the bed.  Looking forward to have some clean, fresh, clothes tomorrow.  (I even stuck some of my dryer sheets in the van I'm driving around cause it is starting to stink from all this work and stuff....LOL)

Well here it is now at 11:35 pm and I'm just finishing this blog.  I was pretty tired earlier but now seem to have a second wind going.  I need to save some of this energy for tomorrow and get myself to bed.  Blessings all, I look forward to my report tomorrow.

Nikki - Sooo tired.  heading off to bed.  More tomorrow.  Blessings all!