Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday


James Spangler – Today Seth was kind enough to wake me up in time for breakfast, so since I got some delicious warm food I had a good start to the day. After church it was time for lunch again which was amazing, but I didn’t quite have enough to eat, which was disappointing. After lunch we went out to look at the worksites and get an idea of what we would be doing in the days to come, we only ended up visiting two of the five sites. The sites that we saw were the construction sites; there are two others that need minor work and a dig site. We start work tomorrow!

Seth Whitehouse - We visited the work sites today which will be tough. One site has a lot of dogs. We did not get to see the third which is a septic site. I’m ready for work tomorrow and to start doing things. I’m sorry for being short, but I want to go to bed. I’ll write a better one tomorrow.
 
J.T. Mrozek - today was very interesting, we did a lot but at the same time we didn’t do a lot. I had a very good breakfast and then we did our church service. Now the church service here is the same as back at home. But it was nice to see the different ways they go about it here. Not that is bad or anything but it is nice to see a change once in a while. But after that we went and saw two of the places we are going to work on. And now we will figure out the group we will be in when I get back to the room. But then we had a very nice dinner. And today just seemed like a calm time, and I am happy that I am here and able to experience this wonderful adventure. Tomorrow we start working and I can’t wait till we actually start to do stuff. It will not just be nice to help out everyone around, but it will be an experience that helps my heart grows in God and everything he has to offer me. So I can’t wait for tomorrow and what God has in store for me to do to help- him and the world he created.

Nikki Spangler - As you can tell everyone is anxious to begin working tomorrow.  We definitely have our work cut out for this year with two challenging construction sites.  Both need roof repair, new sub-floor, and a few new windows.  There are plenty of other things to work on at both of these sites as well if we get finished with that and have time to spare.  One site has a Marshall address, but is up a windy mountain road that goes from two lane, to unmarked pavement, to a one-lane rutted dirt road.  The other site is just north of Hot Springs right on Hwy 25/70.  Both are approximately an hour from the church.  We did not see the septic site yet, so those of us who are on it will have share more details later.  It is the closest site at about 20 minutes out from church.  If I close out now, I can post before midnight.  I'll try to write earlier tomorrow.  Blessings!