Sunday, July 8, 2012

Arrivals & Anticipation


James Spangler-Today was an interesting day. Since we were the only group here this morning we got to greet all the returning, and new groups. It was great to see all the friends I made last year that came back, and I look forward to getting to know all the new people as well. I learned how to play this card game called “blink” today. Most. Intense. Card game. Ever. I had to do tie breakers with one of the people I played because half of time we would finish at the same time. Tomorrow we get to see our sites, I’m excited to see what all there is to do.

J.T. Mrozek- today is the second day, so far we haven’t started to work yet but I am hoping soon enough we will. Every other group that wasn’t here yesterday showed up today… and I never realized how many youth in mission people were coming. I am happy to see that there are so many people that want to help out like me. Everyone is super friendly, and I am happy that it is easy to talk to everyone. I am so far having a great time. Can’t wait for tomorrow and what it has in store for me.

Seth Whitehouse – Today I woke up and went for a run with Zach. We had lunch over at sonic, I got a foot long coney, man that thing ran right through me. I was anticipating the arrival of all the other groups most of the day, the first group arrived at around two in the afternoon. It was awesome seeing all my old friends again, I guess it was cool seeing all the new people too. I don't know why Mrs. Spangler is making me write this, I'm too tired, I'll write a good one tomorrow, goodnight.

Nikki – Victory!  I have found the tape measure I spent a week looking for!  Bernard brought the Servant Event tool bins this morning.  I was looking for tape to hang our schedule and kitchen duty chart with.  When I opened an unlabeled bin, sitting right there on top was my tape measure, with my name on it and everything!  No wonder I couldn’t find it at home.

Everyone arrived safely today by about 4:30.  Thank you for all your prayers for everyone's safe travels. This year is half first timers and half returning.  My first impression is that it will be a really great group.  I am looking forward to a great event.