Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Work Day 2

David Lang
Today I had a great breakfast of biscuits and gravy . It rained while we were driving to the job site. We started putting the walls up for the bathroom addition. We also cut out the door. Any how having a good time. This is David Signing off for today, see you tomorrow.

Seth Whitehouse
Today breakfast was really good; I really liked biscuits and gravy (David Lang, line 1 of page one). Digging was annoying today because we had to make the trenches square and level. After lunch though, we got to start digging the trench down to the tank pits. Today was fun; everyone is nice. Bye.

Jimmy Pacey
I must also iterate the excellent breakfast we had. I have not had biscuits and gravy (good gravy anyway) in quite awhile. Good southern cooking. We completed two of the three trenches today. Laid the pipes and filled them back up. It gave us a sense of accomplishment and let us see that our efforts are paying off. The youth continue to bond over the shared work and accomplishments. It is fun to watch it happening. Eager to see what the rest of the week shall bring.

Jake Nichols
Today we nearly finished our trench, filling it back up with dirt with the pipes in it. I skipped breakfast as usual. It was raining for the morning, and got real sunny at noon. I was basically a drone –robo- while I worked, I didn’t get tired til the Water Nazi called us to rehydrate. Were almost done! WOOT!

James Spangler
The site I’m working on nearly finished filling two trenches today, just leaving the third trench with some finishing touches. There were a lot of big rocks on the third trench so I had at least a solid hour of busting up rocks that I did today, besides that filling in the trenches didn’t take as long as I thought. Actually all the work is going quicker than I had anticipated. I wore the suspenders again today and I think I’m just gonna go to goodwill or Kmart and get myself a pair. Other than that there wasn’t a whole lot at the site that went on. I’m interested to see how quickly everything else gets done.

Rachel
Today was a better day for digging trenches. It was raining this morning when we started to pack the car, and a little bit after lunch, the sun was shining. My group got out of the YWCA before everyone else, so we got a “little” portion of kids to go eat at sonic before dinner. That was not a good idea for me. For the community life event, we got into four teams, and we were given styrofoam sticks and a beach ball to play hockey. Well, kids and styrofoam stick equals war. It was interesting to play, just a suggestion for Mr. Arnold, if he wants to have that instead of nerf wars. It was very difficult to play with a beach ball because it was breezy outside. Tomorrow is the last day before laundry. I am very happy since my clothes are laying next to where I sleep.

Nikki
Everyone seems to be settling nicely to servant event. Some had a slower start than others, but I am now seeing everyone participate and interact. It is so wonderful to see community coming together. I love being out in these mountains playing and working with the youth (and other adults). It is a refreshing from the everyday and renews a spirit in a way that nothing else does. Of course the community life, spiritual life and worship that we have in the evenings is all a part of that. I am truly blessed to be here. I want to get this up while I have a good connection. Not to mention that sleep is in order. I am feeling muscles I forgot I had this evening. Blessings to all.

P.S. It is a great encouragement to the youth to know that someone is actually reading their journals. If you are, please drop us an e-mail. (This is why I get to journal last;)