Saturday, July 16, 2011

Friday

David Lang
This morning it rained till about 10:30, I personally did not get very wet, because I was working inside the addition for most of this time. Today some of our big accomplishments were we got the shower stall set into place, and got part of the last exterior wall framed in, and started framing the indoor wall. Then we went to a small town called Marshal to a county dance hall.

Seth Whitehouse
Today I had breakfast, then I had lunch, and then I had dinner. We worked after hours on our site today to get the two tanks in. Unfortunately, after we finished the pits and put in the first tank we found out that the second tank was cracked so we couldn’t put it in. I had a fun time at Marshal, and am looking forward to water rafting tomorrow.

JAke Nichols
Today I woke up went to the site played ninja for nearly the whole morning at the top of the mountain. Then I had a snack. Then I taught Red not to bite. Then Red peed on Lucy. Then I had lunch, which consisted of 4 pieces of American cheese. Then I slept in the car till we had to leave. Its 8:00 and we’re going to Marshall, and Seth is wiping caramel on the back of my shirt. Seth says “I lied.” Oh well. derWhiteRaven out..

James Victor Spangler
Our site, once again, didn’t have a whole lot to do. We ended up playing a lot of games and tossing a rock with a shovel, which actually went a lot better than it sounds. I finally got an opportunity to do something and jumped right on that. I got my own suspenders yesterday and wore ‘em for the first time today, now all I need is a flannel. The work is almost done on the site. Tomorrow we get to go white water rafting, that should be fun!

Jimmy Pacey
Friday!!!  The grunt work is winding down. Just a few jobs left to do, so working these in shifts. Several of the youth as well as adults have taken to solving riddles while working. Really makes the time go by quickly. The tap has been put into the creek and connected to the house. Once the plumbing in the house is finished up there will be running water. Amazing to think of all this effort that goes into daily routines we take for granted. We finished up our Friday by attending Marshal, a bluegrass/country music shin dig held in an old train depot. It was fun to see a slice of the culture. And had a blast dancing!

Nikki
This is officially my journal skip day, but you should know that there are now some site #2 pictures in the photo album, courtesy of Linda from Northville, MI.

Rachel
Well, today basically was raining. We hated it of course, but today's rain was better than Wednesdays rain, because it was raining that hard. Today went horribly wrong, because as soon as the girls left our site, the boys that were still working texted and said that the septic tank had a crack in it, and that we couldn't put it in the hole. After we rushed back to the church, we got ready to get our groove on. After dancing with basically everyone, we are heading back to the church now, and Seth was complaining that he didn't like country music. Tomorrow we get to sleep in, and it will be a nice change.