Monday, July 11, 2011

Sunday

David
Today after we got up we had breakfast. After breakfast we had a bible study about Isaiah. Then we went to church. After the service we went to visit the job sites. I noticed that the area we are in has lots and lots of mountains all around it. Then we came back and had dinner and now we are having our state meetings.

Seth
Today we went to church, had Bible study and visited our worksites. I liked the first one better because it had less chance of poison ivy. But don’t worry MOM, I’ll wear jeans if I’m on the other site. We had a good dinner and I’m tired already.

James
After church and lunch we went and checked out our worked sites. They both had the same amount of work to be done. I had a nice nap during the car rides to the sites. Thanks to Seth we now know that “Zombies can’t throw axes!” We start work tomorrow and hopefully everything goes well.

Rachel
Today, all we did that’s important was eat and also drive to our work sites, so that we get a familiar aspect of our surroundings. We got back around 5:30, and waited until dinnertime. The memorable part of the day was when we used sticky notes and wrote messages to put on friends secret servant bags. I have an idea to who my secret servant is, but I just have to wait and see if I’m right. Tomorrow, we get to start working. Bring on the pain.

Jimmy Pacey
Slept in for the last time, we will be rising early to head out to work for the rest of the week. After joining the Congregation of Emanuel for service, we had the opportunity to visit the sites and meet the people we will be serving. While the tasks before us are daunting many including myself are eager to begin. I look forward to serving and growing in faith with the newfound friends we have met here.

Nikki
I am eager to get to work tomorrow. They both look like good sites with plenty to keep us busy. The first site will have two septic tanks, a distribution box, and 3 – 70’ trenches. In addition, we will be BUILDING the bathroom, as this home has never had one. The second site will have one septic tank, three trenches, a line 500’ up the mountainside to a spring for water, a water holding tank, and some plumbing under the home.