Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Last Day

JAke Nichols
Today was the last day to work at the sites. Thankfully we finished at our site. Afterward, we ate lunch at “Butt’s BBQ on the Creek.” It was amazing. Before we showered at the “Y,” we went to some gift shops and I bought this wicked gift for my sister. Tonight’s the all-nighter. Will I stay up all night? I hope so. Oh yeah, while we were sitting around on buckets and doing nothing, I had the successful idea of having one of those bucket drum bands. It was amazingly epic.

Jimmy Pacey
We had a minor glitch with plumbing yesterday, so we were unsure how long it would take to complete everything today. However everything went well this morning. Arthur had running water and a working toilet by noon. I can’t even imagine what it would be like to be without running water; To not be able to get a drink from the faucet or take a shower anytime. We bid out farewells to Arthur. Wished him well and expressed our joy for the time we had working with him. After completing everything we went into Maggie Valley for lunch and stopped by some touristy shops. Now I’m looking forward to the all nighter; I’m one of the adult volunteers to stay up all night with the youth. :-P It should be fun!

David Lang
Today was the last day of working on the worksites. We did not finish the bathroom addition completely. Then we had leftovers from the last week for dinner. Then we had to start packing up to go home. Then we are going to have a talent show, I am not participating, then an all nighter. Then tomarow we will have breakfast then leave for home.

Nikki
Journals are a little on the light side today because everyone gets a skip day and so far only Jake & I have used ours. That means everyone had the option of doing journals today or tomorrow. (Unless of course they actually WANT to journal tomorrow! I will certainly allow it.)
Today part of site one (including David) went out to the worksite and part of the worksite (including Seth, Rachel & me) stayed back at the church to do some things there. We cleaned tools, washed a wheel chair that had been donated to the church, spread grass seed, fertilizer & straw on their new playground, built a temporary water break/dam in front of the playground so the seed wouldn’t wash away, and repacked some of the tools. All this was accomplished by noon. After that we showered here at the church and then went into Asheville for the afternoon. We lunched at Asheville Pizza & Brewery. It was a very eclectic place with lots of fun artwork and signs.
We concluded the evening with talent show (James & Jake both were in it), revealing our secret servant, and closing worship. Closing worship includes a foot washing within each state group. We found out that someone (I not saying who) has very ticklish feet! Now the kids are watching movies and eating snacks. I better get to bed so that I can drive us all home safely tomorrow. God’s Blessings!