Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rafting Day

Seth Whitehouse
Today we had another good breakfast (biscuits and gravy and eggs). The whole day we pretty much spent rafting. It was a good time. There weren’t quite as many exciting/scary moments as last year, but it was almost more enjoyable without those difficulties. I’m looking forward to the rest of the day, bye.

David Lang
Today we got to sleep in till 8:45. Then at 10:00 we left to go white water rafting. I have never been white water rafting before, but it was a lot of fun. We even got to swim down part of the rapids. This was a lot of fun.

Jimmy Pacey
Got to sleep in!! Late breakfast at 9:00, then off to go white water rafting. Never been rafting before, but love water and found this to be a lot of fun. I know the kids had a great time. The tour guides were great; a couple of them had some funny jokes. The kind that a lot of people just groan …. But I never understood why, I’m too busy laughing. I find them hilarious. Back to Emmanuel around 3:15. Have some free time before dinner to recuperate and get ready for the evening activities.

James Spangler
We got to go to white water rafting and it was a blast! Besides that nothing exciting, I FINALLY got my flannel today! Also y’all should look forward to a very awesome video for the talent show. During white water rafting I got to get out of the raft n swim in the rapid at one part and that was really fun. I was in the back the whole time because the raft I was in had the first aid kit but it was still sweet.

Jake Nichols
Today we went white water rafting. It was sort of fun. I have the privilege of sleeping in a not so freezing room tonight. We finally got our shirts. They’re blue and green….it’s fun to give James a hard time about the way he sleeps.

Rachel
Today, we went white water rafting. Although we were all excited to sleep in and we couldn’t wait to go rafting, James came up with the brilliant idea that we should get a midnight snack from sonic. Sonic closes at midnight and we got there at 11:30 with around 40 people. The latest group got their food around 12:30, and they got back around 1:00 am. Rafting was awesome, at least till the very end when my group actually got stuck between rocks. We also got to make a pit stop to jump off a “cliff.” It didn’t look daunting at first, but when it was my turn to jump I started to feel a little nervous. James and Mrs. Spangler know that I don’t like heights and James was sad when he didn’t see me jump, because he was going to laugh at me. I had a great time today, and I warn you never to take me on level 4 rapids. The bad news of the day was when some people came back from site one and said the pipes leading from the shower exploded. Ask David, he can give you better details than I can. I hope tomorrow is a better day, because the next news from site one better be good.