Thursday, July 17, 2014

Wednesday - Cecilia

I felt like today it took me a while to wake up. It is starting to wear me out but definitely not in a bad way! Today at the work site I worked mostly in the trench. It was the first day I used a pick ax and I was intense! Haha, sparks were flying and everything. It would be a good stress reliever. As the days go on the more the family becomes involved which blows my mind. For example, Mr. Shelton just had a stroke 3 weeks ago and he tried helping is pry a boulder out from the trench. Mrs. Shelton was cracking us up. She was talking to him because he was right front and center watching us dig and she was telling him that maybe he should step back so he doesn't get hurt. He just said he's helping take out the rock. So she replied well if you got hurt at least I  wouldn't have to worry about you anymore. He is really a sweet old man. He told us "youngens" today that we can't look on the outside for beauty it's what's on the inside that matters not the statue. It was a very productive day on site and I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow.