Sunday, July 13, 2014

Spangler's From the Road

Greetings all!  I am not actually at Servant Event yet.  My youngest sister-in-law was married TODAY.  I have to confess that initially I was really bummed that I was going to miss the first day of ASE 2014.  However, as I was sitting in the wedding listening to the sermon, weeping, I was thinking what a fitting start to my personal ASE journey it was to be witnessing the wedding of a godly couple who has truly centered their relationship on Christ.  What a powerful reminder of our relationship to Him and why we go to serve others.  I am now on the road with my youngest boy and dear husband, who is driving with us so we can get to Servant Event next day.  Usually the drive down is a time of reflection and anticipation.  It will be a little different this year driving through the night, since I need to sleep when I'm not driving.  I am grateful that God's plan is always best, even when it doesn't align with MY plans and ideals.  Participating in this particular wedding was an awesome experience of His provision and perfect timing and a great way to get myself into an ASE frame of mind.  Love you Lara & Andy!  Blessing all!