Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Progress on Site 4 - Deacon

Today, our site has seen more progress than the first two days combined.  Today, we essentially finished up the floor in the bedroom, save a few finishing touches, sealed the chimney and conduit on the roof, and cleared out most of the trench for the drain pipe.  Our own Cecilia was "rocking" out by demolishing some big rocks in the trench.  I can still hear her battle cries as she turns those huge rocks into pebbles.

I am very proud of our work group.  They have showed up ready to work every day!  The family we are helping, the Sheltons, could not be nicer or more grateful.  They have been a blessing to meet, and Mr. Shelton has even been known to pick up a pickax or shovel to get his trench ready.  Again, what a blessing to meet them!  Also, their three dogs and cat have become work group mascots, keeping our spirits high and putting smiles on our faces.

I will admit, the first two days had made me a bit weary since there was a lot of work to do and it seemed like we were getting stopped at every turn.  Today was much more encouraging, and I think that sentiment goes for the entire group!

Blessings,

- Deacon Huth

P.S.  Some students from the Northville, MI group thought I should have a nickname like some of the other pastors and leaders.  For me, they chose D.D. (or Deacon Dan).  It has a bit of a ring to it, although I have a feeling it will remain here at ASE and as an inside joke with our group.