Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 2 - Cecilia

Today was a pretty productive day at the site. It helped that I had a wicked nap on the hour or so ride there! We got there and I started working on the trench which is close to impossible to do since every time you go to did there's a rock somewhere down there. But everybody kept pushing through, even once the rain came.  At some point I worked in the house and worked on starting to fix the foundation of the house. After we ate lunch we tried catching a chick and I caught one! I totally felt accomplished... Mrs. Shelton, one of the family members we are helping is super nice and seems to like our company. It seems like everyday I learn something new about her family. One of the craziest things I've learned is that she's been married for 58 years! Ever since she was 15 she says! They are a very kind family and I'm looking forward to learning more about them.