Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday


Seth Whitehouse- Today was good again. We only have one more patch to fill in for the sub flooring. We also fixed the windows and insulated the ceilings. Hopefully tomorrow we can start tiling the floor and finish the roof. We haven’t finished the roof due to rain. I’m looking forward to the weekend, and I hope we can finish in time. Another thing I would have never guessed is how much the family’s dogs loved flaming hot cheetahs at lunch. Also at lunch, we had ice cream sandwiches because it was Matt’s birthday. Looking forward to Marshal tomorrow, and I hope everything is going good at home. Bye.

J.T. Mrozek- Oh that rain, I wish that the rain would just stop and go away for a day. But luckily today when it was raining one of my group leaders had a couple poncho type things. They were fun to wear till they started to make you itch. But today I got a couple walls filled with insulation and then after that I got some ply wood up over that. And then I got two windows put in, one I had to fix because we didn’t quite put it in good enough. And the other I had to fix the window frame and everything about it. I feel like I could have gotten a lot more done today but we have to wait till the rain stops to really do anything. But God has a plan for us and if he wants us to get more inside work done right now then that is what we will just have to do. Oh but no matter what happens tomorrow I get to tyvek a house tomorrow, which is putting that paper stuff up when you are building a house. It keeps it clean and it is weather proof. But I have put it up before so I will know how to do it. But I am doing laundry at the laundry place so I have got to go, bye!

James Spangler - Today we didn’t get to do much in the trenches. We finished one and widened another all the way. The septic tank pit is almost done for real.  I'm super tired. Peace out girl scout.

Nikki Spangler – I spent a lot of time today in the car and at the store.  Jeanette & I didn’t get to the work site until about noon because we had to get supplies on our way out this morning.  That made the work day seem really short.  Tonight was laundry night and we are all very excited to have clean fresh clothes.  Especially those of us who had garbage slime on our work clothes! I have been surprised this year that I have not felt nearly as tired as I have in previous years.  Perhaps that is because I am not doing as intense of physical labor as I have in the past working on septic sites digging.  Signing off in an effort to get to bed midnight.  Even though I am not as exhausted as in the past, I am still sleep deprived. Blessings to all!