Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Little R & R


James Spangler-Today was awesome. We got to sleep in till ten, which was when hot breakfast was served. We didn’t do much all day; we played volleyball almost all day and cranked some tunes over the pa system in the gym. It was AWESOME. After we had a late lunch we went into Asheville at about four. We got to walk around and the group that I was with went to a diner called the mellow mushroom, which had great food and reaaaaallllly big servings. After we walked around for a lil bit we met back up with everybody for the local “Shindig on the Green” where they had lots of live bluegrass and country music, it was really fun. There was square dancing and stuff, it was pretty legit. We ended the day with a service and got our servant event shirts. Tomorrow is rafting! :D

J.T. Mrozek- so today was a great day, we got to sleep in yet I didn’t really sleep in because sleeping in for me is like till three in the afternoon. We also played volleyball for a super long period of time. And I was the best of course… not really. But anyways I am also happy that I was able to take a nice shower today without having to be in a rushed. And then we went to the “Shindig on the Green” and that was a lot of fun. But I decided today that I would dance, but it’s aloud to be with my best friend Amber here. And at the moment she is sitting right next to me watch me type this very long thingy mo-ji-gg-y. Now I am about to head to bed. So I will talk to y’all later. Good Night.
P.S. I have been having the time of my life ;)

Nikki Spangler – Today was our rest & relaxation day.  It was nice to sleep in until 9.  Due to a comedy of circumstances, I ended up not getting dressed until about 1:30pm. (On the weekend we don’t go to the YWCA to shower, instead showering here at church.  There are only two showers each for the guys and girls and normal size water heater, so it is not practical to shower here during the week, but it is available on the weekend when there is more time available to spread showers out.)
We went to Shindig on the Green in downtown Asheville for the first time.  I like it better than Marshall for a couple of reasons.  There is a bigger variety of acts – bluegrass, clogging, bagpipes, and square dancing ‘street dance’ for the audience to participate in.  It is outside, so there is more room and a little more freedom to spread out or roam around.  It is a more diverse crowd for crowd watching, yet it is a mountain music experience.  I think that everyone enjoyed themselves.  Now off to bed – we attend all three services tomorrow morning for singing to the congregation and testimonies.