Saturday, July 10, 2010

We're Here!

Rachael: So, today was so absolutely wonderful. I wish I could go on this trip every year of my life!! im not gonna give a play by play of my day today, I am just gonna say a few words. THIS TRIP IS DA BOMBBB!!! I already feel like I am at “home” as Sarah would say. Everyone is so caring, and I am already meeting people who are inspiring me!! I cannot wait for the upcoming 2 weeks. :) < that is a smiley face for every parent who isn't very tech savy okay well goodnight

Sarah: Today we woke up pretty early, but I should get used to that, as I will be getting up at 6 every other morning. We did some sightseeing before we actually arrived in Asheville, and the mountains were just as beautiful, although the view was slightly different than last year. There was a ton of fog on the mountains, and the sun was hidden behind the clouds. But after that, we drove straight through to Asheville. Words cannot describe how happy I am to be back. It really feels like I have come home; the smells of the mountain air and the church are some of the best ever. Most of the other state groups made it here in a decent amount of time, but just like last year, it took Delaware until dinner to get here. But our time has been wonderful. I have already met a ton of great people. I am in a room with Ohio and Northville, which is super awesome, because I already know all but one of them, and the other one is really easy to get to know. I have to go now, since it's time for bed, but I will write more tomorrow. I am so excited!

Nikki: Servant Event is different every year, but the feeling of openness and acceptance is always here. The false pretenses and agendas of everyday life are gone for the time being. The kids are different when they are here, and so am I. It is something that is hard to describe.

The kids haven't heard about the work sites, but the adults did. I don't know all of the details yet, but we are back out at Miss Cynthia's where Paul Caswell, Darcy Spangler and Kristina Biddix worked in 2007. I am excited to get out there and see her again. I will be sure to share more tomorrow, but I hear that she is walking now!

Mark: Today we finally made it to Asheville! I was nervous and excited at the same time. First off I did not know what to expect from the adults that would be here and the kids that I would meet. The first thing we did was go to Sonic! That was really excited because there are no Sonics close to us. I have already met some people that I think I will be friends with for along time! Well I am really tired so goodnight to all and to all a goodnight!

Adam: We made it to the servant event. The students are really excited. We played some cool games, had a good fellowship meal, and said some special prayer. Tomorrow is focused on worship, seeing the job sites, and devotionals. Love you Lisa. Love you Hannah.

Luq: Fantastic day. Took us about three and a half hours to get to the church but it felt longer. We stopped off at exactly the same places as last year, and Mark and Seth fell in the stream. They didn’t have mountain stream rock jumping XP like the rest of us. Anyway we made it to Emmanuel Lutheran a little past one. What was real cool was seeing all the people from last year show up to this ASE. It was great seeing old friends plus making some new ones, and I have a feeling that this year is gunna be one of the best yet. Oh, and I’ve heard rumors of three digging sites this year… excellent.

Seth: After a scenic drive through the mountains we finally got to Ashville. At the church I learned some cool new games, ate tacos, met a lot of new people, and prayed. I like the church; everyone is very nice. Love you mom and dad, good luck with work.