Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friday

Adam: We worked at covering trenches today and knocked off early and toured a local town. I bought and quickly ate a jar of homemade dill pickles. Also, Pastor Chris took the crew out for ice cream. In the course of a week the site #2 group has really grown. They are not only working as a team better but I think they are really considering some of the spiritual questions that are being asked of them. One boy in the group had mentioned that he was discerning a call to the ministry.
Please keep my wife Lisa and daughter in your prayers. While I am here they are serving by letting me go.
Hugs Lisa. Hugs Hannah.

Sarah: My chaperone Mr. Adam is the best. This morning Sarah (MD) and I finished working on the main bathroom with its new linoleum. If I ever put down linoleum again, it’s going to be in a very long time. I am sick of it. It’s okay as long as you can just put down entire squares, but when you have to start measuring small corners and cutting the pieces to fit around pipes, it becomes a pain in the butt. I also got to seal the roof of Rachael’s trailer, which was neat. Rachael Asher was my spotter, since she was sick of digging, and when I finished for the day, she put two handprints of sealer on me. Even with a longer shower, I was unable to get it all off. The problem with sealing the roof is that it’s a trailer. I can’t go towards the middle by more than a yard from the edge, so I have two brushes of different lengths. The benefit of this job is that I should get a nice tan; I haven’t seen much sun action all week. Around 7:00 pm we left for the Marshall dance hall, which was great. I love going to Marshall so much; it is all bluegrass music sung by local musicians, and all of the people there love seeing us ASE kids when we come. Mark really impressed me with his dancing skills. Seth really made my day though, because when he and I danced together, he randomly said, “So did you hear about the cookies we get after the dance?” And I was really confused and said, “I’ve never had cookies here before in my life.” Then he was confused and said that someone had told him that we got cookies. It was just fantastic, partly because it was kind of ridiculous and partly because it was so random. Tonight was a good night, and I am exhausted, so I am going to hit the hay.

Seth: Today we put the septic system in, filled in the trenches, and put the pipes in the new trenches at the worksite. After we got back, we went to Marshall and danced. It was a lot of fun. I get to stay up to twelve, after chapel. Love you mom and dad.

Luke: Today we worked at the church since we finished our worksite. We got to landscape a better drainage system and some stairs and that project took most of the day. It also involved cement, and before it dried we wrote ASE 2010 in the wet concrete. I thought that was really cool as this is probably the last ASE I’m ever going to attend and it makes me feel good that I left my mark at the place I’ve spent my summer at for the last three years. We went to Marshall again today for the hoedown. That was really fun and I was pumped about it for a while afterward… so much so that Seth and I freestyled in the car on the way home. Until tomorrow.

Mark: Since we finished work at our site yesterday we worked on the church grounds today and fixed up some of their pipes. Somehow that took the whole day! We managed to finish up though and we might get a partial project site to work on for next Monday. Today after dinner we all went to the little town of Marshall again. This time however we went to their old train depot which they turned into a little country song and dance station. That was so much fun! However it is midnight and that is the curfew for tonight. So goodnight to all and to all a very good night!

Rachael: Today was a very exhausting day. I have to admit I was really lazy at the worksite. Instead of digging I decided to go work on the house so I assisted in putting in some linolium floors, and I spotted Sarah when she climbed the ladder to the top of the house. It was probably the easiest job ever and I loved it. Today was also marshall dance. That was great, I clogged a little. I don’t think I did it right though. It’s getting late though, it is 12:17am. But the good part is that I get to sleep in till 8:30am tomorrow:D We have white water rafting tomorrow and I am so excited!! Last years was a blast well I am pretty tired. Goodnight.