Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday

Dennis

Hello everyone, today was a really good day I'm apprehensive about tonight though. Tonight is typically the night where the reality that this event is ending really sets in, and you realize that the second family which you have built is soon to be separated from each other. I honestly feel as if tonight is the best and worst night of this event because I Love knowing that the people who have changed me over the past weeks have also been changed and affected by me. I will miss everyone dearly and I always know that these are friends who if I meet or need them in thefuture, I can rely on them. Thank you so much for allowing me to have this opportunity once more you guys are amazing.

Laura

We finally finished the roof today. It was quite a satisfying feeling. We felt really good until we realized we had to fix the back yard which was no fun at all. We moved the dirt so that the yard was once again flat, and then we planted grass plants. All in all, we had a decent morning.
My group then joined the bridge crew. We made lots of progress, but it was kind of annoying because we had to share the power tools. But finally the bridge planks have been laid, and all we have left is to finish the bumpers on the sides and to construct a railing.
We had some funny moments today; Sydney tripped into the creek while carrying bamboo branches through it. Andrew refused to leave his "white collar job" on the roof, so he sat at the top of the roof until Adam used his adult voice at which time Andrew sort of scooted on his butt all the way down the roof with an extremely constipated look on his face. We had to fill in the gaps between the bridge and the ground, and Tom bought us some bags of rock. PK sent the kids to bring the rocks over, but no one knew they were 700lbs each until we noticed Dennis feebly whimpering. The sight of Dennis whimpering is goofy in itself seeing as Dennis is extremely strong and looks very intimidating, but it was especially funny to hear him explain to us that 700+700=1400. Then he tried to do more math by estimating how many of our crew would total 1400lbs.
I also got to spend some quality time with Andrew while the two of us threw rocks from the backyard into the creek. We had a very nice theological discussion for a while, then we laughed a lot at his inability to skip rocks.
Basically the morning was exhausting yet enjoyable as usual, but the evening activities were great. I played lots of One Night Ultimate, so that was really fun. I also finally showed An Engineer's Guide to Cats to Davis and Cameron, both of whom enjoyed it immensely. They in turn introduced me to Dear Kitten, a different series of cat videos. I also discovered that somehow Solomon had managed to be my friend for years without watching An Engineer's Guide to Cats, but now he has watched it; our friendship is saved.
Now I'm going to put this away before evening activities.
Well now I have a terrible headache, so this will be short.
During community life, I consistently rekt Dan in chair basketball.
In spiritual life, Solomon, Ethan, and I wrote a sick rap that we will perform tomorrow.
I don't remember much of worship, but we sang the doxology, which made me very happy.

Vici

Today was just a finishing up work day. My site ended up staying till around 6 so we could finish up our flooring and trim. At the end of the day we pretty much had out ending service. Even though it's not the last day everyone was crying pretty bad. Everyone comforted each other. Tomorrow is going to be rough. We will get through it together though.