Sunday, July 17, 2016

Friday

Laura

Today will be short because it's already way after midnight and I have to get up at seven.
Today was basically the same as yesterday; lethargic roofing, more bonding, lots of rain…
We also went to Feed and Seed which is a place for NC natives to dance to bluegrass music. It was really pretty cool; I learned to clog. Then we went to Sonic and had milkshakes.
Today I met someone who wants to be an engineer who also likes cats. Tomorrow I shall show him "An Engineer's Guide to Cats" to see if he is one of my own.

Vici


Friday we finished painting and spackling rooms. Now we are working on flooring and trim. The living room still had painting I think but we r only doing a corner so it won't take long. That night we went to the Feed and Seed. I still don't understand exactly what it was but there was a live band playing folk music and there was dancing. It was so much fun. One of the girls from North Carolina taught me how to do one of the dances it was awesome. Then when the band took a break we were asked to sing at half time which we did. Afterwards there was a very old lady that asked if we would all hug her. So all of us went up and hugged her. When I got there she hugged me and was crying and said we need more kids like us and how happy we made her. That lady will forever stay in my heart. That moment was just absolutely amazing.