Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Monday - 7/13/15 - Solomon

Today was the first day at the site! After some excitement getting to the site (we got slightly lost. we saw some kittens though! They were adorable!) we met the homeowners and got to know them a little bit well PC and the other adult leaders figured out an attack plan.
After that, it was a little different. This was my first year being on a construction site instead of a septic site, so it took a little bit longer to get started since we don't have our supplies yet. We took the opportunity to get to know the people we're working with and working for. It was a lot of moving things in the morning and scraping/sawing through tiles and floorboards in the early afternoon. Overall, it's been completely awesome so far!
And it seems like I've bonded with my fellow servants especially quickly this year. It's crazy how in just one or two days it can feel like you've known each other for months or years. I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of my time working alongside my second family!